Wahoo London Ltd Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured on any of Wahoo London Ltd's interactive or mobile services, and any other competitions organised by Wahoo London Ltd (or a third party on Wahoo London Ltd's behalf).
2. By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way ("competition information"). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
3. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, which comprises England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Wahoo London Ltd satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner. All competitions have a minimum age limit of 16. If the competition information specifies a higher age limit then that higher age limit applies to that competition. Where a prize involves travel of any description, any winner under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
a. Wahoo London Ltd;
4. Where the competition information specifies a minimum age limit Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time, and may use any reasonable channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
5. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
6. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete.
9. Neither Wahoo London Ltd nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Wahoo London Ltd or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
10. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted. Entrants may enter as many times as they like unless otherwise indicated in the competition information but no more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded.
11. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Wahoo London Ltd will be void. An entry to the competition will be deemed to be an invalid entry where an entrant has evaded payment of the applicable entry charges when entering the competition or, in the case of postal entry, has failed to pay and affix the correct postal charges.
12. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of Wahoo London Ltd shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Wahoo London Ltd will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Wahoo London Ltd decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender's part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition (for example, in exceeding the maximum number of entries). Prizes
14. The prize is as specified in the competition information. Where the prize involves the winner travelling, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) may be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas. Where the prize necessitates travel on a specific date, the winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) must be able to travel on the date specified by Wahoo London Ltd and no alternative dates will be available. Where there are multiple people travelling, the winner and their companion/s must travel at the same time on the same itinerary. Where the prize involves travel or another experience on a date and/or destination to be chosen by the winner, the date and/or destination chosen is subject to availability and the prize must be taken within 12 months of the winner being notified of their win, unless specified otherwise in the competition information. The winner must provide Wahoo London Ltd with their preferred date and/or destination within 28 days of being notified of their win. Wahoo London Ltd will use reasonable endeavours to arrange the prize for the winner's preferred date and/or destination, but these are subject to availability and Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to require the winner to take the prize on alternative dates and/or to an alternative destination of Wahoo London Ltd's choice. Where the prize involves travel to a destination outside the United Kingdom, Wahoo London Ltd will use reasonable endeavours to arrange direct flights from an airport conveniently located for the winner but may require the winner to fly from a London airport. The winner is solely responsible for travel to and from the UK airport specified by Wahoo London Ltd and all insurance, applicable taxes and for any costs, expenses and charges not specified as being included in the prize description in the competition information. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
15. The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information.
16. Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged from all valid entries by Wahoo London Ltd or as indicated in the competition information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition's promoters and intermediaries. Selection of winning entries is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Wahoo London Ltd will attempt to notify the winner for up to 28 days after the closing date and time for entries to the competition, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as Wahoo London Ltd shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, e-mail, or postal address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Wahoo London Ltd is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
18. Unless specified otherwise, where the winner is to be contacted by phone, Wahoo London Ltd will call the winner up to three times on the phone number provided at the time of entry. If on all three attempts the winner cannot be reached and a message cannot be left, then that winner is disqualified and another winner will be selected. If a message is left, the winner must speak to Wahoo London Ltd within 1 business day of the message being left. To help establish contact, Wahoo London Ltd will call the winner up to three times after the message has been left. For example, if the winner is called on a Wednesday at 12:47pm and a message is left, then the winner must speak to Wahoo London Ltd before 12:47pm on Thursday. Wahoo London Ltd will make up to three attempts to contact the user between 12:47pm on Wednesday and 12:47pm on Thursday. Wahoo London Ltd is not responsible if the winner is unable to speak to Wahoo London Ltd in the allotted time frame. Selection of winning entries is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner, which in Wahoo London Ltd's determination, is contrary to these terms and conditions or is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the competition, hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Wahoo London Ltd and/or any of its agents or representatives), may be rejected from the competition at Wahoo London Ltd's sole discretion.
21. Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Wahoo London Ltd that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
22. Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
23. Wahoo London Ltd endeavours to deliver the prize to the winner within twenty eight (28) days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
24. In certain circumstances as decided by Wahoo London Ltd a cash alternative may be offered. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) the prize being inappropriate for the age of the winner, the prize including tickets to an event, the prize being no longer available.
25. Where the prize includes a cheque, such cheque will be made payable to the name of the winning entry in pounds sterling. A cheque prize cannot be made payable to any third party. No other form of payment will be made.
26. In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by Wahoo London Ltd and also be obtained by sending a self-addressed and stamped envelope to Competitions, ZapWin, Wahoo London Ltd, International House, 124 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London, SW7 4ET, including the name of the competition within 3 months of the closing date. By entering the competition entrants grant to Wahoo London Ltd a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner. Data Protection and Publicity
27. Wahoo London Ltd (or any third party nominated by Wahoo London Ltd) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner's (and (if applicable) their companion's) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
28. Information, data and the caller line identity ("personal data") which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Wahoo London Ltd and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition. Entrants' personal data may also be passed to their mobile phone network or to relevant regulatory bodies including PhonePayPlus, the police or other authorities in the course of the investigation of any complaints or suspected unlawful activity or where requested by the phone provider in connection with the billing arrangements for the competition. Aggregate, non-personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
30. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Wahoo London Ltd's liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier's negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Wahoo London Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Wahoo London Ltd is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
31. Wahoo London Ltd cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Wahoo London Ltd. Wahoo London Ltd will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way. Standard terms
32. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Wahoo London Ltd shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Wahoo London Ltd including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable, compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and PhonePayPlus Code of Practice.
33. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
34. Please note that calls may be recorded to ensure that competition entries are captured, for staff training and quality control purposes.
35. Wahoo London Ltd's Customer Services team may be contacted on +44 (0) 3333134546. The promoter of the competition is Wahoo London Ltd, International House, 124 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London, SW7 4ET, UK.
36. Wahoo London Ltd reserves the right to offer these competitions across its network.
37. These terms and conditions were last updated on 24 Mar 2015.
ZapWin (SMS Entry) Competition to win an Silver iPad Air 2 WiFi 16GB or £400 cash alternative.
7. Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received in excess of this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
8. Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. Not all of the following methods of entry may be available for entry to each competition. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information. Where entrants pay an entry fee, they must have the permission of the bill payer before entering, otherwise the entry will be invalid.
a. Telephone entry Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, telephone entrants are required to call the telephone number as indicated in the competition information, and follow the instructions in the recorded message. The charge per call will be as indicated in the competition information and is based on the cost of a call from a BT fixed network line. The cost of entering from other networks will vary and from mobiles will cost considerably more and it is the entrant's responsibility to check before entering. Once the telephone number is dialled and the entrant is connected they will be charged the cost of entry (together with any applicable alternative network or mobile operators' charge). Please contact your telephone network operator for details. Pricing information is also available here. Telephone entries received after the notified competition closing time will not be valid. In such circumstances, Wahoo London Ltd will make every reasonable effort to deduct the charges incurred from a future competition entry by the entrant.
b. Text ("SMS") entry Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, SMS entrants are required to send a text to the shortcode or long number as indicated in the competition information. Texts received by Wahoo London Ltd will be charged at the standard network rate, which will vary depending on the entrant's mobile network provider. Entries sent by text message which are received after the stated competition closing time will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. If a text message entry is received by Wahoo London Ltd after the stated competition closing time, the entrant will receive a free text message from Wahoo London Ltd informing them that their entry was received late and was not therefore entered into the competition; however, the entrant will not be entitled to a refund of the standard network charge imposed by the entrant's mobile network when they entered the competition by text message. Where multiple competitions run on the same shortcode or long number, where the closing date and time of one competition coincides with the opening date and time of the next competition, Wahoo London Ltd will treat every text entry as relating to the competition running at the time that the text entry is received. Wahoo London Ltd is not responsible for delays between when the entrant sends the text entry and when Wahoo London Ltd receives the text entry. Wahoo London Ltd's determination of the date and time that an SMS entry received shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
c. Web entry Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to enter information accurately into the website as indicated in the competition information, and follow the instructions on the website. The required information may include name, email address, and contact telephone number. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. In the event that entrants are required to pay to enter online, entrants will need to use the relevant payment service indicated in the competition information, and may need to open an account and register to pay for online entry to the competition. Online entry costs are as indicated in the competition information. Entrants must read and accept the terms and conditions relating to the online entry pay service before proceeding with such a web entry.
d. Postal entry Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, postal entrants may enter the competition by sending their answer (if applicable), full name, postal and/or e-mail address and a contact telephone number (or such contact details as are requested in the competition information) to the postal address indicated in the competition information. Entries should be sent either on a postcard, or on/in a sealed envelope. Entries received in any other form may be deemed invalid.
e. E-mail entry Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the competition.
f. Mobile Internet entry Where available, entrants may enter the competition by Mobile Internet. Eligible entrants are required to click on the link to the competition on the relevant Mobile Internet webpage and follow instructions to provide the required information to enter the competition. Entries without all the required information will be invalid. Entrants will be charged the charge stated in the competition information together with any applicable network charges. Some mobile network operators will include the competition charge on the entrant's telephone bill; others will send a Text Acknowledgement(s) which will result in the entrant being charged the charge stated in the competition information. Mobile network operators may also charge their customers for using the Mobile Internet/browsing tools. Entrants should contact their network operator for more details as these charges may vary depending on the entrant's mobile network operator and tariff.
1. Entrants must be 16 or over.
2. The competition is now open.
3. This is a subscription service costing £4.50/week plus network data charges whether or not you answer correctly until you send STOP to 66299 to stop OR the competition is terminated. In the event that the competition is terminated no notice will be given.
4. The subscription sends you 1 question per week. By answering the question you will be entered into the weekly competition to win an Silver iPad Air 2 WiFi 16GB or £400 cash alternative.
5. Entries must be received by midday each Monday.
6. One winner will be selected at random each Monday after midday from all correct entries received that week.
7. Winners will be contacted by phone using the mobile number used when entering the competition within 28 days of the weekly draw date.
8. The prize provider is Wahoo London Ltd and the prize is a Silver iPad Air 2 WiFi 16GB delivered by post or £400 cash alternative.
9. By Joining the service you consent to us sending the occasional marketing message. To OPT OUT from promotions text OPTOUT to 66299. Or call HELP: +44 (0) 3333134546
10. Bonus: all users eligible for weekly £100 draw whether or not they answer the weekly question, winner selected at random.